Mom and Dad came out to visit us for a long weekend at the end of September. We had a busy and fun weekend that included a Packers tailgate, antiquing and cheese shopping, day trip to Door County parks and shops including brunch at
Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant, a tour of the UW-Green Bay campus, a visit to the
Green Bay Botanical Garden, and a trip to Shawano County (pronounced SHAWN oh), the
barn quilt capital of Wisconsin, for sightseeing and the Sunday flea market and car show. And no visit is complete without a trip to Culver's for lunch and ice cream. We also had to work in a traditional Wisconsin Friday night fish fry dinner, and none other than Jordy Nelson walks in with his family and is seated right behind us. Awesome! The dinner got even more fun when a lady at a table across from us bet me $5 that I couldn't finish the meatloaf dinner I ordered, so I looked up and told her, "you're on!" I did finish my dinner and she insisted on giving me the $5 to make good on the deal. I paid it forward and bought a tin of boy scout popcorn at our next shopping stop. Always a lot of fun to show Mom and Dad a good time in Titletown!
Go Pack Go! High rollers tailgating at Lambeau- we left just before the game started and made it back home in time to watch on TV as everyone got evacuated out of the bowl for a thunderstorm.
Late season at the Green Bay Botanical Garden
Views of Lake Michigan from Cave Point County Park, Door County
No comments:
Post a Comment