Friday, July 25, 2014

Jeremiah was a Bullfrog

A little bit of a hiatus on the blog. Disclaimer: I was traveling for 5 days for a Land Ethic Leaders workshop that I was invited to attend several months ago at the Murie Center in Moose, Wyoming inside Grand Teton National Park. This blog is about the Midwest, so I won't tell you how great it was to meet other conservation professionals from around the US and Canada, or how beautiful the Teton Range was, or about the wildlife I saw in Yellowstone, or how cool it was to stay on Olaus and Mardy Murie's ranch and have conversations about wilderness on their front porch, or how much I remembered from when I was there at 9 years old, 21 years ago to this month...Despite the very short 4 full days I spent in WI before jetsetting, it was well worth the adventure (official group photo on the Murie's porch is below).





Meanwhile...our first opportunity for a spontaneous adventure came up yesterday!

I saw an ad on Facebook (of all places) for a special promotion at the Green Bay Bullfrogs baseball game the next night against the LaCrosse Loggers and just had to check it out. It turns out that the Frogs are in the Northwoods League, a summer league for collegiate players. Their field is located at Joannes Park adjacent to (or part of?) Green Bay-East High School about 10 minutes away. The ad was for the "Wisconsin special" ticket and meal package, which consisted of 2 third base line seats, 2 brats, 2 ears of griled corn, 2 WI beers, and an order of cheese curds for $26. The WI special did not disappoint! Despite a little out-of-towner confusion on arrival about where to park and where to claim our food, we had a great time and hope to catch another game soon. The Christmas in July theme added to the ambiance (see Jeremiah the Bullfrog below).


P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment